Getting busy getting ready for the Championship and Open Competition this weekend. We are pleased to have 220 registered dancers for this competition.
It looks like the weather is going to co-operate and we are going to have a lovely weekend.
Wishing safe travel to our judges to beautiful BC!
Judges for the Open and Championship are:
- Doors will not open until 8:15 am.
- Morning dancing will start at 9:00 am with the Primary, Beginner, Novice and Intermediate classes.
- Afternoon dancing will start at approximately 12:30 pm with the Premier classes.
- Marie Lavoie Awards and Primary Debut will take place at this competition.
Judges – Sandra Bald Jones and Diane Krugh
Pipers – Alan Walters and Liam Hilder
- Pre-Premier: Fling (4) / Sword (2+1) / Seann Triubhas (3+1) / Strathspey & 1/2 Tulloch
- Premier: Fling (6) / Sword (3+1) / Seann Triubhas (4+2) /Strathspey & 1/2 Tulloch. Note** Premier under 11 will dance short steps.
Thanks everyone for a great day.
Thanks to our judges and our pipers as well as all the volunteers it took to make today’s event possible.
Here are the results from today’s event.
Welcome back everyone!
We have some information to pass on regarding dance cards for the new year.
Effective January 1, 2016 procedures for Intermediate dancers will be the same as for Novice with respect to cards and stamps. Your dancer will have an opportunity to earn 6 stamps for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd at a competition or one year (whichever is longer) before moving on to Premier.
Scotdance Canada is requiring us to fill in a form and collect a $5.00 fee for dancer who do not have their dance cards with them on competition day. This form will be at the numbers table.
Welcome to 2016!
We hope that you all had a fantastic holiday and we are looking forward to seeing you at our 2nd closed competition Saturday January 23rd, 2016.
- Judges: Carmen Munawych – Edmonton and Gaelyn McGregor – Winnipeg
- Pipers: Alan Walters and Liam Hilder
Please remember to have your dance cards updated as soon as possible. Here is a link for the 2016 dancer registration from.
Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing
Thanks for a great start to the FVHDA season!
Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
November 21 2015 platforms
We are very much looking forward to the first Closed Competition of the 2015-16 season!
Our competition secretary is proud to share that we have 178 dancers registered. These numbers have already surpassed our end of season numbers for the past couple of years!
Our judges for this competition will be:
- Peter Archibald – BC
- Erin Welk – Alberta
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Here are some photos of Kate and her teachers. Congratulations on your win at Cowal 2015 !
Here are the 2016 Championship and Premiership steps as posted on the Scotdance Canada website.
2016 Championship steps
2016 Premiership steps